Search My Story

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Fading into the Shadows (A Poem)

Cast in the shadows
I will stay
until I fade away.
Yet still I wonder
how much longer?
Does it even bother.
I will never live
to the standard
of anyone else.

Yet I still wonder
should I even try
or just fade into
my emotions that are inside.
No one can hurt me here
seems like a good place to stay
I will let myself fade away.
Fade into what everyone expects
while I try to forget.
Forget what I have become,
the person that you think I should be
instead of being my own true me.
I’m getting to the point where
I am ready to explode,
there is so much pain inside
waiting to be exposed.
I want to be noticed
even with my own true flaws
not lost,
from everyone’s sight
until I get it right.
I want to live my life
for all to see.
No more being cast
in someone else’s shadow
I am here,
I am ready to be seen
seen for the real me.
 ©Amanda Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment