Search My Story

Monday, June 6, 2016

When I light this candle (A Poem)

I light a candle for you

for all the daydreams and emotions

I have of looking in your eyes

and you looking into mine.

This love could be everything but untrue.

Even though we’ve been together so long,

our love it seems oh so new.

This candle I have, is for

all the dreams I keep of you.

Kissing in the rain

is all I want to do.

Our hearts are full of the love we have,

for each other.

How could you not be

the one for me?

The flame of this candle is us,

for all the slow dances we shared together

upon the dark mid-night sky.

As you get on one knee

as my heart starts pounding,

as my heart starts racing,

You say those four words.

“Will you marry me?”

Stuttering, I could only say,

“I love you”

I hold this candle as

I walk down the aisle,

realizing there is nothing else

I want to do.

I accept this ring

and give my hand-written vow

of the love that I have,

for only you.

I blow out this candle

knowing our love will grow,

with every drip of wax,

that falls.

©Amanda Catherine 


No comments:

Post a Comment