Search My Story

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Why I Write

When I think of a time that I am most comfortable with myself, writing always brings a smile to my face. When I write my poetry, I describe my life from my point of view and the situations that I have gone through. My life may not be the best it could be at some points but I know that later something beautiful will come from it. As I put pen to paper I can feel the world become a peaceful place where I am free from all the eyes that are watching me. I am comforted by knowing that when people read my poetry they can put on my skin and see the world from my eyes. As I write I think about how I would want the world to be. With only my pen to judge me I am given a greater freedom of thought, from the constraints of others judgments.I am free to explore a world of my own thinking. My writings take me to a beautiful place of what ifs. It is my hope that others may visit this world and find an escape for themselves.
©Amanda Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment