Search My Story

Friday, April 1, 2016

Stand (A Poem)

I just want to be better
than who I was before.
As I walk through that open door
The light floods me.

I've made some mistakes,
Some have gone to far
But in the end these
Are the steps I leave behind me.
They are not straight,
Some I have taken to far
But each step is a journey to find
Where I belong.

I have delt with sadness, happiness and joy
But all these emotions have
made me strong.
Strong enough to not be afraid
Of who I am, but to embrace my true self.
I am not perfect, but I try.
I am not strong but you cannot
tell me otherwise.

With all that I have gone through
I feel like I am a brick wall
And cannot be torn down.
I will stand tall,
Even if I have nothing to stand for at all.

©Amanda Catherine




No comments:

Post a Comment