Search My Story

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ordinary (A Poem)

I'm not an ordinary girl.
I love to dance,
Just so I can twirl.

I look at life
With an interesting twist.
I always have a
Different way of doing things,
Because of this
I cannot be missed.

When you look at me,
You will wonder why
I am the way I am.
And when I look at you,
I will wonder all of the above.

I don't like how people
Make fun of other people
For being true to themselves.
For heaven's sake
Can't we all be unique
And genuine in every flaw?

My scars have stories,
But not the usual kind.
My scars come from within.
Wanting to fit in,
But always standing out.
Emotional abuse was my childhood.

I fear to say I am broken,
I regret to say, it was my fault.
When you look at me,
You can fear not.
I will not judge you,
Who you are,
Or where you came from.

Your story is your own,
From beginning to end.

©Amanda Catherine 



No comments:

Post a Comment