Search My Story

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Little Scars: Chapter One: Voices

This is my new story. I am having so much fun writing Where Friendship Goes Wrong, I decided I would try my luck at fiction! It is going to be continuous with chapters. Hope you all enjoy! 

White walls, silence and voices inside her head. In her mind she was standing on a beach but in reality she was in a psych ward. Ava rolls over and opens her eyes. She sees her mom, Becca, looking at her worried. 
    "It's OK mom," Ava mumbles. 
    "I don't know how you could say that at a time like this" her mom says back. Ava closes her eyes and attempts to go back to the beach again but it was hopeless. She sits up in the bed and looks around but there really wasn't much to look at. "How long have I been in here?" Ava says. 
    "It doesn't matter" her mom says. Ava looks at mother who finally finally gives in and says 
    "one week." 
    "When can I go home"? Ava asks. Her mom gets up and walks over to her bed and grabs her hand.     "It's to hard to say honey. I wish I knew but you took a turn for the worst. You were doing so well until you tried to kill yourself." Tears start to form in the pit of her eye as she tries to remain strong. "We almost lost you. They want to put you on a new med and I don't know what to think about it. You were doing so well a few weeks ago, I don't know what happened." Ava turns pale because she knew what happened but she was to afraid to say what it was. 
    "It doesn't matter now, I want to go home. Anywhere is better than here." Ava says starting to get frustrated.

The doctor suddenly walks into her room and starts talking medical talk that neither of them understands. Ava and her mom both nod their heads in agreement even though they don't know what they are agreeing to. 
    "Do you know what he just said?" Ava asks her mom. 
    "No, I was hoping you did." She responds. 
    "Well I guess we are just screwed." Ava says. Her mom leaves the room, hoping to try and find someone to explain what was going on better. Ava plops back in her bed, trying to find something to do in the mean time but there was nothing, so she sat, absorbing the silence. This was the first time  in a while she felt at peace, no voices. She was so relaxed that she started to doze off again. She wakes up to her  mom shaking  her by the shoulders back and forth. Apparently the doctor had given Ava something which is why she had been so out of it. 
    "We need to leave," her mom says "get dressed, we need to leave." Ava looks at her mom confused, wasn't she stuck here? "Hurry!" her mom yells. Ava starts getting dressed but it wasn't the easiest thing to do because of how drugged she was. She kept trying to get her pants on but she kept falling over because she couldn't get her feet through the holes. Ava says "Mom what is going on?"

    "He is trying to kill you." she tells her. "I thought you were safe here, but I was wrong."

©Amanda Catherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment